I have sweetly been nominated for The Liebster Award by melissak84 at Meandering Melissa. Thank you!
These are the rules:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
I love all animals (insects don’t count-they are not animals). To prove it I have two dogs I am allergic to.
- I love to travel. I am lucky enough to have driven across the US several times, and been to Canada, Mexico, Thailand, England, Scotland, and Germany. I plan to go many more places.
- I have been obsessed with reading since I was 5. It is still my favorite form of escapism.
- I am a Director of Human Resources. I am that person who sheep dogs you, nags you, supports you, and fights for you.
- I take things literally. I’ve made terrible mistakes in my life assuming someone was joking with a dry sense of humor. It’s bad enough my husband refers to me as “Literalice.” The more tired I am the worse it gets.
- I love food. I was allergic to nearly everything as a child. I was pretty close to being the girl in the bubble, but I grew out of most of and as a result I get strange cravings to eat store-bought icing, Kraft macaroni, american cheese, bologna, and many other disgusting things most people gave up after childhood.
- I am an unapologetic geek. I went to and loved Comic Con, I love fantasy and science fiction, I have never LARPED but part of me think it sounds like fun. In 9th grade I did wear several vests and flowy peasant blouses despite the lack of popularity -but characters from my books wore them so I thought they were awesome. I make jokes that have historical references and have had to accept few people understand them…and find a kindred spirit when someone actually laughs – at the joke.
- I used to work for Nightclubs in Las Vegas and trust me what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas;)
- I worked in gang intervention, at a Domestic Violence Shelter, and a Group home for pregnant teens. I loved all of those jobs.
- I volunteered with AmeriCorps.
- I learned to quilt to carry on the feminist women’s history in my family. It is not easy but I do enjoy it.
11 QUESTIONS FROM MEANDERING MELISSA
What is your favorite book? Unfair question – I love many of them. Examples: Snow Crash – Neal Stephenson, Mistborn – Brandon Sanderson, When Things Fall Apart – Pema Chodron, The Treasure Hunters – Enid Blyton, etc…
- What is your hobby of choice? What? Reading doesn’t count? – Quilting
- What phrase/motto describes your life? “We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart.” – Pema Chodron.
- The thing that can make any bad day better? My dogs, they are always happy to comfort me…and get their bellies rubbed
- What topic will you never blog about? Other people’s personal issues-friends, family – you get it
- Favorite Song? Unfair Question. There are too many. Examples: Brother Love’s Travelling Salvation Show -Neil Diamond, Only in Dreams – Weezer, Round Here, Anna Begins – Counting Crows( Really anything off of August and Everything After), Sunday Bloody Sunday, So Cruel, All I want is you, etc. – U2
- Your biggest obsession is? Reading, of course
- Bad habit you can’t break? Chewing my lips
- The best thing about your best friend? Understanding, listens, forgives
- Advice you’d give yourself if you could go back 10 years from now? Stop worrying so much, damn it!
- Are you a night owl or morning person? I’m a middle of the day kind of person.
MY 11 NOMINEES
- IV League
- The Artist’s Room
- Drunken Dragon Reviews
- Book Reviews Forevermore
- Book Brains and Beer
- What to Read Now
- Bristol Bookworms Reviews
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
If you could travel to any time period what time would you go to?
- What is a dream job of yours?
- What phrase/motto describes your life?
- The thing that can make any bad day better?
- What topic will you never blog about?
- What made you realize you really were an adult?
- What book do you routinely give people in hopes they will read it?
- Bad habit you can’t break?
- Did you like your best friend when you first met them? Why or why not?
- If you could clone yourself would you do it, and would you be friends with your clone? Why or Why not?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Thank you for reading my blog. I screened through your “About” pages to try to avoid offending anyone by sending you this award and make sure you are okay receiving awards. I love and enjoy your blogs. They make my day better and think other people should get to enjoy your work, witticisms, intelligence, and insight. That is the purpose of this award after all! Congratulations on your nomination of The Liebster award! I look forward to reading your posts with your random facts and answers. (Also, don’t unfollow me for this – none of your About pages state you don’t accept awards;)