I feel very loved and appreciated. I’m humbled because I’ve been nominated for ‘The Very Inspiring Blogger Award‘ by some pretty amazing bloggers out there. I’m one lucky lady. I’m sending a HUGE thank you to Deliabattie at http://deliabattie.wordpress.com/; Raised a Reader at http://raisedreading.wordpress.com/; Yvo at http://melovebooks.wordpress.com/; and Rabindranauth at http://drunkendragonreviews.wordpress.com/.
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
My Seven Facts About Me
1.My dream as a child was to be a curator at a museum who restored masterpieces like the Sistine Chapel to their original glory. I even wrote my math thesis on how the math and spectometry imaging allows scientists to discover what was used in the pigments to obtain the original colors.
2. I started dancing at the age of three and continued dancing until I was forced to decide if I would major in dance or psychology. You couldn’t double major in dance and I was concerned when the math class was titled “Math for Dancers.” I was good but not career worthy and I decided I wanted to have enough money to eat. I dance on my own time. I grew up in a very creative and supportive dance company. They believed in telling your story through dance and expressing “the good, the bad, and the ugly.” If I ever have a child I will put them in it. It taught me a lot about character and how to love yourself.
3. As a kid I was lucky enough that my parents didn’t keep tabs on me every minute of the day. Any time before dinner I was at the local library or park because I could walk to it. I guess those librarians were very low paid babysitters for me. On the other hand, all I did was read, so they didn’t have to do much.
4. My first memory is amazing. My dad is a professor and on his sabbatical to England we visited several museums. My first memory was seeing one of Monet’s ‘Water Lilies’ at the age of three. I believe it was one of the larger paintings in the series but as a three year old it was gigantic.
5. The trait that is most important to me is loyalty and accountability. I have very little tolerance for people who are disloyal.
6. I have lots of acquaintances but can count the amount of friends on two hands in my life. The friends I make are for life.
7. I am a master worrier. I am trying to embrace meditation and living in the moment. I’m not very good at it and have never actually succeeded at true meditation, but try, try again. Stop! As Yoda says, ” Do or do not! There is no try!”
MY AMAZING NOMINEES
A word to my nominees. I know not everyone is about awards but this one is an exception even if you don’t like the process. It shows that you are inspiring others and I want you to know you inspire me. It’s not for everyone, however, and it should not create pressure or frustration.
Saksham Mehrota —-http://threadsandties.wordpress.com/
Madhuri Blaylock —-http://madhuriblaylock.wordpress.com
The Artists Room—-http://artistsroom.wordpress.com/
From Cover to Cover—-http://furstavenue.wordpress.com/
A Captains Log—-http://eff-five.com/
Fit and Feminist—-http://fitandfeminist.wordpress.com/